I recently read a fascinating thesis about nematodes. Nematodes are the most abundant multicellular organisms on the planet and there are around 40 quintillion of them. Inspired by the humble nematode, I wrote two programming lab tests.
This one is for fourth year Games Engines students and it uses C# and Unity to create a simulation of a school of nematodes swimming and wriggling and avoiding each other:
This one for second year OOP students and it uses java and the processing libraries to visualise a fictitious dataset of nematodes:
Here are the solutions:
I recently was interviewed as part of an ITMA project in the Cobblestone pub by the renound Tom Mulligan. In the interview, I play a few sets of tunes, talk about Tunepal, Wim Hof breathing and various other things.
Check out this awesome playlist of my Game Engines students space battles. These assignments are developed in Unity:
And here is a playlist of this years audio responsive art projects developed by first and second year programming students in Java and Processing:
I got some cool tee-shirts made!
A simple voxel terrain generator using entities. One entity per voxel. The scene has 10K entities. Definitely not the best way to do this but it looks nice!
Watch two autonomous agents fight each other to the death over and over again.
Each agent has seek, pursue and path following boid behaviours. The agents also have health and ammunition and a finite state machine. Source code in the more_states branch of this repo:
Checkout this awesome Psytrance Sprial Generator:
Spirals implemented in Unity ECS with beat tracking
Music mixed by Phil Butler:
This is a video of the assignment I did for Statistics in First Year, WMT in Kevin St in 1990. It’s written in gwbasic 🙂
Stick with it. It gets interesting!
An implementation of boids using ECS for Unity 2020
1000 boids implementing the following behaviours:
Seperation Cohesion Alignment Constrain Wander
With a procedural animation and trails implemented using ECS. There are 28K entities being updated every frame getting ~100 FPS and ~80 FPS in VR. See the steamvr branch for a VR implementation
Try doing that with MonoBehaviours! Source code here: